Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Speechless


Delivering a powerful speech is difficult enough, but then you have to deal with the nerves, the critics and self doubt.

I have to deliver a speech tomorrow and I'm more nervous than I've ever been. People try and give you advice and tips, but its not working for me. They say that i should only do things that are going to positively influence my speech and being nervous is not one of those things.

I'm second tomorrow, which is sort of a advantage because after that i can sit back and relax, its also a disadvantage because i can only measure myself against one person before its my turn.

I have to say to all those people; Barack Obama, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela who stand up and deliver a powerful speech thousands of people, good job. You really have to believe in what you are saying to deliver a speech as powerful as these individuals.

As D.L Lawrence once said; "The mind is a wonderful thing. It starts working the minute you're born and never stops working until you get up to speak in public."

No comments:

Post a Comment